The Global Initiative
Leaders across all sectors have to address complex and large-scale social issues, as well as daily dysfunctional interactions. They find themselves severely constrained by the existing model of value capture and expression. Some leaders have a dramatically different and more successful perception of the value experienced and exchanged in human interactions. We are describing and framing how thousands of these innovative leaders, across the globe, are achieving much greater impact resilience and sustainable interactions. The Global Initiative will map, over the next five years, the social topography of the human agreements underlying the success of 5,000 positive ecosynomic deviants in 11 countries.
Where we are mapping
The selected field sites maximize social-cultural-political diversity across the globe, where we have the support of local alliance members with ongoing projects.
What we are mapping
- What local-level agreement structures enable: greater engagement and choice; massive shifts in local-level agreements with multiple stakeholders; and greater impact resilience?
- What generalizable and culture-specific factors differentiate positive and negative Ecosynomic deviance?
- How do we scale the breadth and depth of the transformation of human agreements, within and across social systems?
Toolkit we are using
The mappers bring the following discipline-perspectives: architecture, behavioral economics, business strategy, cultural anthropology, decision sciences, ecosynomics, environment, history, human geography, political science, psychology, public health, sociology, statistics, system dynamics.
Who is mapping
- Fieldwork fellows (30%) -- project leads in 11 countries from the Vibrancy network
- Researchers (40%) -- faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate students
- Executive practitioners (20%) -- from the 3 sectors and networks
- Funders (10%) -- foundations and organisations that fund projects within a specific country
Thematic areas already included
- San Miguel de Allende, Mexico (Governor of Guanajuato)
- Ghana, Germany, Romania, South Africa (Meshfield), USA (Vibrancy, Kalliopeia), Ghana
- Food Solutions New England (Kendall)
- Build Upon Europe (WGBC)
- Cancer Free Economy USA (Garfield)
- Health USA (SIE foundations)
- Complementary currencies South Africa (National Treasury, Meshfield)
- Early childhood development USA (SIE foundations)
The invitation to you
Do you know positive ecosynomic deviants? Would you like to share the excitement of what those deviants have learned about how to live more fully and achieve much greater impact resilience? You can use the free online "relational vibrancy" survey (available in many languages) to assess the level of vibrancy of the group. I invite you to share your cases with us, through the comments section here or by contacting me.